Since 1985 the College (based in Victoria, BC) has provided practical skills training worldwide for personal growth, for helping professionals and for people who want to become counsellors, and to support affordable counselling for people seeking help.
Certificate of Mental Health Counselling and Therapy INCLUDED: employment assistance and confidential consultation on client situations.
Registration Form and Secure Online Tuition Payment To register for the College course and receive a "confirmation of acceptance" email from the College, please complete and send the Registration Form here. The College will immediately send the course text and assignments as attached email PDF files with a hard copy of the text to follow. Contact the College email@example.com with any questions prior to and during the course.
The course can be completed within a six week period (allowing 2 hours per day depending on learning style and pace) with time extensions approved on request simply by contacting the College and giving a reason for the extension and the date you will submit your assignments.
Your information and email are kept strictly confidential and used only within the College.
All fields are required.
(Your Registration is complete when both tuition and your information below are submitted to the College.)
Need a different start date? Enter it in the field for "date you intend to begin the course."
Secure Online Tuition Payment $652 (including $100 rebate) Canadian or US using Paypal (credit/debit cards accepted) (Your money order/cheque/check or paypal payment will be to "Counsellor Holdings Inc.")
Thank you very much. The course text, assignments, and materials will be emailed to you immediately with the hard copy text to follow. We look forward to assisting you to acquire these important professional counselling skills.
IMPORTANT: To make tuition payments in other currencies,
request a Paypal link in your country currency, on your Registration Form.
Secure Tuition Payment
Canadian Currency Secure Tuition Payment
Mental Health Counsellor Training Course (online)
Description and Requirements
Copyright 2009 College of Mental Health Counseling. All rights reserved.
1. Sincere desire to increase self-awareness and to help others.
2. Reading comprehension and writing composition skills.
This online course is also suitable for individuals who may have been away from the traditional classroom for several years. Scholarships are available based on need.
1. To acquire knowledge, empathy, and other qualities and skills in the process of counselling individuals and couples.
2. To increase the student’s self-awareness of issues and factors contributing to his or her current life and relationship.
3. To provide a foundation of knowledge and skills for doing professional counselling during supervision (see more details here)
You Will Learn:
1. Completing and understanding the Clinical Assessment; steps for suicide prevention.
2. Skills to begin, deepen, and close the counseling session and the over-all counselling process.
3. Skills to heal grief resulting from different types of loss: death of a loved one, breakup of a relationship, divorce, loss of health, bankruptcy, and others.
4. Skills to help others adopt healthy communication, reduce hostility, solve problems, resolve conflicts, listen with empathy, and speak assertively.
5. Approaches to help couples resolve specific issues: infidelity, household duties, addiction, and others; understanding how childhood experiences affect adult life and the couple relationship.
Text and Materials:
How To Do Professional Mental Health Counseling by Daniel Keeran, MSW ($111 value provided with tuition, sent as a hard copy to your address and immediately as a PDF file to your email inbox).
Qualifying Examination for Professional Counseling Practice (sent as a Word .doc file, $500 value included in tuition) from the College of Mental Health Counselling
Clinical Assessment Form (sent as a Word .doc file, included in tuition) from the College of Mental Health Counselling.
1. Design and create a minimum of 100 to 20 short and long-answer review questions covering the scope and depth of the text and provide responses with page numbers from the text where the answers are found.
2. Complete the Clinical Assessment Questionnaire with yourself as the client.
3. Complete the Clinical Assessment Questionnaire with a volunteer client.
4. Qualifying Examination - Open-book with text, all materials, and full instructor support available, the exam is designed to be a comprehensive learning experience.
Time for completion: Estimating 2 hours per week day, allow approximately 4 to 6 weeks depending on individual learning style and pace. Time extensions are granted on request. The Certificate of Mental Health Counselling and Therapy is awarded upon completion of the above requirements.
To Register, please complete and send the Registration Form located below or request more information firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructor: Daniel Keeran, MA, MSW, therapist and professional counsellor for over 30 years and author of Loss and Grief Counseling Skills, Counseling In A Book, Learn Empathy, and Effective Counseling Skills. With extensive experience in private practice and hospital settings, he has conducted many therapy groups and trained thousands of people from the general public as well as social workers, nurses, and other helping professionals.
********PAYPAL PAYMENTS ARE ASSURED AND SECURE********
QUESTIONS? Call 250-590-2882
Who Should Register? Any members of the public having a sincere desire to increase self-awareness and to help others; also mental health counselors and workers, addiction counselors, professional counselors, clergy, chaplains, employment and career counselors, school counselors and teachers, holistic health practitioners, transition shelter workers, nurses, social workers, corrections officers, employee assistance counselors, young offender counselors, fire and emergency rescue workers, hospital education and training staff, pastors and pastoral counselors, marriage and divorce counselors, funeral directors and staff, school administrators, business and human resources managers, lawyers, psychologists, physicans, surgeons, disability and rehabilitation counselors, occupational therapists, psychiatrists, airline staff, insurance counselors, financial and credit counselors, members of armed forces and law enforcement, accountants, fiction authors, actors, drama instructors and directors, other members of the helping professions and creative arts.
HELP YOURSELF........HELP OTHERS Join the growing number of US, Canadian, and International students gaining practical counseling knowledge and skills.
Wow! What a learning experience that was.
- Amanda M., Fort Frances, Ontario
With no prior counselling experience, M.P. from Alberta, Canada, was offered a counselling position in a local family and
social services agency shortly after completing this course.
"I paid $20,000 for a university degree that was valuable in its own right, but this is giving me more tangible skills than my degree.....
Got the job! Just wanted to let you know that I was offered and accepted a part-time therapist position in Kingston. I started my
training on Friday and am being groomed to work with ritual abuse survivors. I will also be able to focus on grief work and the centre
has offered to allow me to run my private grief therapy practice through the centre when I am ready to get it up and running.
How amazing is that? I am so happy that I took your course because it has opened some wonderful doors for me.
Thank you." - Beth L., Ontario
********PAYPAL PAYMENTS ARE ASSURED AND SECURE********
REGARDING THE COURSE TEXT I think it should be required reading for undergrads and grad students alike. - Marc W.B., Mental Health Therapist, Vancouver, Washington
FREE DOWNLOAD counselling books and articles on anger, bullying, sexual abuse, marriage issues, healing grief, suicide prevention, depression, addiction, counselling skills and more https://www.box.com/freeshare