Our deep conviction is that knowledge of and faith in Jesus of Nazareth is the most effective path to mental health. Founded in 1985 and based in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, the College of Mental Health Counselling is an important contributor to mental health available on the Internet.
For a limited time, new Registrations enjoy full financial assistance (reduced tuition to $500 from the usual $952).
Mental Health Counsellor Training Course
Registration Form and Secure Online Tuition Payment To register for the College course and receive a "confirmation of acceptance" email from the College, please complete and send the Registration Form here. The College will immediately send the course text and assignments as attached email PDF files with a hard copy of the text to your regular address you enter below. Contact the College email@example.com with any questions prior to and during the course.
The course can be completed within a six week period (allowing 2 hours per day depending on learning style and pace) with time extensions approved on request simply by contacting the College and giving a reason for the extension and the date you will submit your assignments.
Your information and email are kept strictly confidential and used only within the College. You may also want to read the many comments of past students.
All fields are required.
(Your Registration is complete when both tuition and your ipersonal nformation below are submitted to the College. Your personal information is never shared with parties outside the College.)
Secure Online Tuition Payment $952 Canadian or US using Paypal (credit/debit cards accepted) (Your money order/cheque/check or paypal payment will be to "Counsellor Holdings Inc.")
Thank you very much. The course text, assignments, and materials will be emailed to you immediately with the hard copy text to follow. We look forward to assisting you to acquire these important professional counselling skills.
Secure Tuition Payment
Canadian Currency Secure Tuition Payment
Professional training recognized everywhere.
All participants recommend this training to others.
For Professional Training and Personal Development
"I was excited to take the course but I was not sure that an online course would be able to teach me the skills to feel confident in saying I know how to conduct a counselling session. I was VERY wrong. From very early on, I realised this course was far more in depth than I had imagined possible." - Frances B., Canada
"Having done this course I realize that I had not even begun to understand the art of good counseling. I think that the knowledge attained from this course is incredible. I am so thrilled to have the book both electronically and in paperback to use as a textbook for reference and will continue to read it many, many more times.” - Wendy T., Canada
Enter your start date on the Registration Form above.
Steps to Register and Begin the Course:
1. Read the Description and Requirements given above.
2. Send your online Registration Form.
3. Receive your "confirmation of acceptance" email from the College.
4. Canadians with online banking can use Interac eTransfer sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the hypertext, in order to make either your full tuition payment, or eight monthly tuition payments (each $120) with the option to pay the balance owing at any time. (Canadians using Interac eTransfer can enter the security question: "What color is a clear sky?" with "blue" as the answer in their online banking site.)
5. On receiving your full or first monthly tuition payment, you will receive the course text, assignments, and materials as email attached files needed to begin the course. (A hard copy of the text is also sent immediately to your regular mailing address entered on your Registration Form.) The text published by the College is found in public and university libraries throughout the world.
6. On completion of assignments and the final exam (about 6-8 weeks with extensions approved on request), the Certificate of Mental Health Counselling and Therapy is awarded and the Code of Ethicsis in effect.
7. For assistance inquire at email@example.com (Throughout the course, MSW instructor support is available seven days a week.)
Register Above To Begin The Mental Health Counsellor Training Course
for personal or professional development
>>>>>>>>>> Enter Your Start Date on the Registration Form <<<<<<<<<<
(Enrollment is limited, and early Registration is recommended.)
Do you have empathy for others?
Are you a supportive listener? Do you possess a warm, friendly personality?
Are you nonjudgmental of others?
Have people said you would be a good counsellor?
Mental Health Counsellor Training Course
Description and Requirements
Copyright 2016 College of Mental Health Counselling. All rights reserved.
1. Sincere desire to increase self-awareness and to help others.
2. Reading comprehension and writing composition skills.
3. Ability to work independently and to be self-motivated.
This online course is also suitable for individuals who may have been away from the traditional classroom for several years. Financial assistance available based on need.
1. To acquire knowledge, empathy, and other qualities and skills in the process of counselling individuals and couples.
2. To increase the student’s self-awareness of issues and factors contributing to his or her current life and relationship.
3. To provide a foundation of knowledge and skills for doing professional counselling during supervision (see more details here)
You Will Learn:
1. Completing and understanding the Clinical Assessment; steps for suicide prevention.
2. Skills to begin, deepen, and close the counselling session and the over-all counselling process.
3. Skills to heal grief resulting from different types of loss: death of a loved one, breakup of a relationship, divorce, loss of health, bankruptcy, and others.
4. Skills to help others adopt healthy communication, reduce hostility, solve problems, resolve conflicts, listen with empathy, and speak assertively.
5. Approaches to help couples resolve specific issues: infidelity, household duties, addiction, and others; understanding how childhood experiences affect adult life and the couple relationship.
Text and Materials (provided with tuition):
How To Do Professional Mental Health Counseling (also published asEffective Counseling Skillsby Daniel Keeran, MSW (sent as a hard copy to your address and immediately as a PDF file to your email inbox).
Qualifying Examination for Professional Counseling Practice (sent as a Word .doc file to your inbox).
Clinical Assessment Form (sent as a Word .doc file to your inbox).
1. Design and create a minimum of 100 to 120 short and long-answer review questions covering the scope and depth of the text and provide responses with page numbers from the text where the answers are found.
2. Complete the Clinical Assessment Questionnaire with yourself as the client.
3. Complete the Clinical Assessment Questionnaire with a volunteer client.
4. Qualifying Examination - Open-book with text, all materials, and full instructor support available, the exam is designed to be a comprehensive learning experience.
Special instructions: Submit assignments 1-3 as attached files to a single email. On receipt of assignments, the final exam will be emailed to you as a .doc Word file so that you can enter your responses and return it to the College. The final exam requires about 4 weeks depending upon your learning pace and style. Time extensions needed for the completion of assignments and of the final exam, are approved on request. All details for completing the exam are included.
Time for completion: Estimating 2 hours per week day, allow approximately 4 to 6 weeks depending on individual learning style and pace. Time extensions are granted on request. The Certificate of Mental Health Counselling and Therapy is awarded upon completion of the above requirements.
To Register, please complete and send the Registration Form located above or request more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructor: Daniel Keeran, MA, MSW, President of the College of Mental Health Counselling, has been a therapist and counsellor for many years and is the author of Loss and Grief Counseling Skills, Counseling In A Book, Learn Empathy, and Effective Counseling Skills. With extensive experience in professional counselling practice and hospital settings, he has conducted many therapy groups and trained thousands of people from the general public as well as social workers, nurses, and other helping professionals.
"I will share with Town Council also ..I believe every service provider should have this program .. it has been a great refresher course plus a lot of novel information..will forward money order this week." - Darlene S.
"Hello Daniel, A short note to tell you I have been accepted into the CCPCP*. It was approximately 3 months of work and waiting, but well worth it!!! I would like to thank you for everything you have done to assist with my goals." - Dyanne M *Canadian College of Professional Counsellors and Psychotherapists
Wow! What a learning experience that was.
- Amanda M., Fort Frances, Ontario
With no prior counselling experience, M.P. from Alberta, Canada, was offered a counselling position in a local family and
social services agency shortly after completing this course.
"I paid $20,000 for a university degree that was valuable in its own right, but this is giving me more tangible skills than my degree.....
Got the job! Just wanted to let you know that I was offered and accepted a part-time therapist position in Kingston. I started my
training on Friday and am being groomed to work with ritual abuse survivors. I will also be able to focus on grief work and the centre
has offered to allow me to run my private grief therapy practice through the centre when I am ready to get it up and running.
How amazing is that? I am so happy that I took your course because it has opened some wonderful doors for me.
Thank you." - Beth L., Ontario
REGARDING THE COURSE TEXT I think it should be required reading for undergrads and grad students alike. - Marc W.B., Mental Health Therapist, Vancouver, Washington